Palawan is one of the top travel destinations in the Philippines. It offers unspoiled islands, pristine beaches, magnificent rock formations and diverse marine life. One of Palawan’s countless scenic beaches can be found in Port Barton. Port Barton is a small, quiet farming and fishing town located in San Vicente along the west coast of Palawan. Years ago, this portion of Palawan was not so accessible to visiting tourists and remained mostly untouched by commercialism, but with the construction of its major road in 2009, going to and from the port has become a breeze. The port is 5 hours away by boat from the town of El Nido and is about 150 kilometers away from Palawan’s capital city, Puerto Princesa. If you want a tranquil beach vacation, this is the place to head on to. Aside from some tourists drinking beers in a few restaurants the town has, you won’t find any evening entertainment here, unlike in the bigger towns of El Nido or Puerto Princesa. Visitors may enjoy activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, hiking and sailing. Whether you’re up for a walk in the woods for a secluded waterfall, or you’re looking for some sea adventure, following are the four best places worth seeing when you’re in the island.
- Bigaho Waterfall - Some 20 minutes’ boat ride from Port Barton and about one kilometer’s walk from the Bigaho village, the Bigaho Waterfall offers a nice place for swimming with its beautiful waterfalls falling picturesquely from a cliff. It’s a nice spot to commune with nature and is perfect for kids and families as well.
- Papuwyan Waterfall - About an hour-and-a-half walk from the town, this waterfall is famous amongst tourists. You will need a guide to take you to the place, though, as there are no sign posts in the trail.
- The Aquarium Four – This is a good place for snorkeling. There are lots of fish and beautiful corals at its shallowest area.
- Exotic Island - The Exotic Island has two small islands with shallow water in between them. It’s a great place for swimming and some snorkeling too as there are many schools of fish and corals to see underwater. The beach is also a good place for lunch with the view of the calm sea and small mountains with lots of vegetation.
- Paradise Island – This island is a privately-owned island and a small fee per person is required for docking here. It is good for a day of swimming as the beach is very clean and offers a spectacular seascape. This is a good place to have your lunch as well of fresh-caught fish from the sea.
- German Island - This is a private island that doesn’t require any fee for docking. The island is said to be full of underwater life. Colorful fishes, beautiful corals and occasional sea turtles can be seen in the sea surrounding the island.
If it’s peace and quiet you’re looking for, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life and even from fellow tourists, Port Barton in Palawan is the place to be.
Other Similar Hotels
----> CLICK HERE To Book Your Room In Palawan! <----
Click Here To Book A Hotel In Puerto Princesa
Click Here To Book A Hotel In Coron
Click Here To Book A Hotel In El Nido
Click Here To Book A Hotel In Busuanga
Click Here To Book A Hotel In Amanpulo
Click Here To Book A Hotel In Aborlan
Click Here To Book A Hotel In San Vicente
Click Here To Book A Hotel In Taytay, Palawan